Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm BAAAAACCCCCKKKKK and Setting Goals

At the beginning 




Now- in the Middle! 




I'm back to using this blog as my fitness/ weightloss blog. I had combined this blog with my other blog, Consciously Living, but that's weird, so I'm back. I need to really catch up on what's been going on. First of all I love reading about my struggles when I started. It was hard. Funny thing is, right now exercising and eating right doesn't seem hard at all! That's because it's now a habit for me.


I am however at a plateau. It's very frustrating because at first the weight came off easier. Now I'm probably on four months of only loosing 10 lbs. I'm not too frustrated. I've upped my exercise and seem to be less concerned with the extra lbs I still carry and that is because I feel so darn good and look so much better!! Who wouldn't after loosing 50 lbs! 


I've been doing WW pretty faithfully. When the new plan came out I tried it and that is when I started to plateau. I didn't now I was plateauing and I thought that the plan wasn't working for me. So I went back to what I knew and that was the old version. However after being on it a while, I can't see much of a difference.


I'm eating too much. I'm eating extremely healthy, BUT I'm going over my points by not being vigilant. My problem stems from not cooking more. I rely on quick dinner because I don't like or do not have time to cook. I just have to be honest. Cooking isn't my gig. In fact this summer I've relied on cereal for dinner. I try and get my veggies in at lunch. Sometimes because it's so hot, I eat cereal for breakfast and dinner.


I know when school starts I'll be so busy, the eating thing will be easier for me. In the summer when I'm home and bored I snack. Late night snacking is a killer. Damn those Goldfish. But thats only happened a couple of times. I made myself little snack packs and that was good - controlled portions.


So, to kick this off...I need to set some goals.


Weight 
Lose 30 pounds in the next 12 months. The sooner the better, but in reality, I think slow is better- that's reality.  I plan on continuing with WW which for me is the only thing that works. It helps me keep my boundaries as I learn how to stop eating when I'm full. I'm getting there, but not quite. It takes more than a year to break addiction and bad habits.


Fitness 
I plan on upping my walking from 4 miles daily to 5...on most days. If I walk less...I'll walk faster - This is my mental heath workout!!


I want to incorporate biking-either mountain biking or road biking. I want to do 40 miles weekly and build from there-this is my cardio workout.
I need to do some sort of weight lift training starting after my hernia repair.


Nutrition and Eating Habits
I have cut out all fried food except occasional chips when I eat Mexican Food and I've cut out hamburgers, pizza, french fries, and full fat items. I already drink a lot of water. I'll continue these habits.
So as far as cutting out there isn't much for me to cut out.


I would like to eat more of a variety of food and not just cereal each night :)









No comments:

Post a Comment